Parents & Caregivers at Deloitte
At Deloitte we know that whether you are a parent (including birth, adoptive, surrogate, foster and same-sex parents), spouse, carer or friend, family is important to each of us.
With that in mind, we aim to provide parents and individuals who have caring responsibilities a range of flexibility and choice in how you care for your family.
No more maternity, paternity, primary or secondary carer labels.
Our award-winning* Parental Leave is available to everyone.
Our policy is inclusive of all types of families including birth, adoptive, surrogate, foster and same-sex parents. We encourage all parents, regardless of gender, to take an active role in the caring responsibilities for their families.
In a snapshot our policy offers all new parents:
- 18 weeks paid leave, including superannuation
- Continuing superannuation payments during unpaid parental leave for up to 34 weeks
- Extended time to take parental leave, with the option to spread their parental leave over 36 months and take it flexibly
- Co-parenting - both parents may access paid and unpaid parental leave at the same time, or at different times
- Everyone has access to external coaching to help with their transition back into the workplace, and opportunity to join Deloitte Parents Network
- HR Awards – Deloitte awarded Best workplace Flexibility program for 2020
- Top Workplace for Dads by HBF for 2019 & 2020
- WGEA citation since 2001
Read more about our Parental Leave here.